- Part 1: Assessment: Assume that you are coming into the organization you presently work for in a leadership role from outside the organization. At this point, you donâ€™t know a great deal about the organizationâ€™s culture. Identify various methods you might use to assess the culture of the organization identifying the approach and what you might hope to learn from it.
- Part 2: Formation/Embedding: Leaders in organizations, both new and existing leaders, often look for ways to embed what they see as important cultural elements into the organization they are leading. As a new leader, discuss how you will form/embed cultural elements by how you choose to approach the following mechanisms:
- What leaders pay attention to, measure, and control.
- Reactions to critical incidents and organization crises.
- How resources are allocated.
- Role modeling, teaching, and coaching.
- Allocation of rewards and status.
- Recruiting, selecting, promoting, and excommunicating
- Part 3: Communicating: As a new leader in the organization, discuss how you will communicate your philosophy as well as the organizationâ€™s strategy and guiding principles to others. Explain why the role of communication is so vital in forming or enhancing an organizationâ€™s culture.
Write a 4 page double-spaced summary based that addresses the points above and cite supporting information according to APA