- You will defend the assigned position for Debate 2. Review the rubric before beginning the paper and before submitting.
- I would expect 3-4 pagesnot including reference page. No title page needed.
- Sources should be within the last ten years and come from academic journals and ebooks. Do not use Google or other search engines. Credible references (<ten years old) should be used and cited using APA format. This assignment prepares you for the debates that will be held during class time.
- Do not plagiarize
- Paper should be well organized and easy to understand.
- It is extremely important to note that this is a PERSUASIVEpaper
- Use the sources provided or use ONLY THE https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.govFOR SOURCES
The argument for this paper is: â€œIndividuals own their DNA and do not have to provide it for any reasonâ€
The 3 arguments you should focus on the paper are:
Argument 1: problems obtaining informed consent/possible coercion
Argument 2:people shouldnâ€™t be discriminated against by insurance or employers based on their genetic information (mention GINA & the affordable care act) ties into privacy.
Argument 3:consumers inadvertently become research participants w/o even knowing it! (23&me)