I have attached 2 previously turned in essay’s for your reference.
Module 6: Critical Thinking
- Points 100
- Submitting a file upload
Critical Thinking Assignment (100 Points)
Important! Read First
Choose one of the following two assignments to complete this week. Do not do both assignments. Identify your assignment choice in the title of your submission.
Option #1: Annotated Bibliography
For this option, create and submit an annotated bibliography of research supporting your action plan. This is a helpful activity because it will assist you in finding relevant sources of information for use in your final Portfolio Project.
- Click here (Links to an external site.) for information about creating annotated bibliographies. For full credit, your annotated bibliography must be in the correct format shown in this link.
- You will include ten references, of which at least seven will be from scholarly sources (books or peer-reviewed journals), and the rest from newspapers, magazines, government, or trade press or trade organizations. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to begin.
- Along with each reference in your bibliography, provide an annotation that explains:
- why you chose the reference,
- how you found it, and
- how it assisted with your analysis.
The annotated bibliography should be 2-3 pages in length, not counting the title page, which you must include. Remember to format your paper according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
Option #2: Community Action Plan Outline
For this option, you will submit a detailed two-page outline (in outline format, not in essay format) of the final paper for your chosen public health issue and community action plan. This is helpful as it will allow your instructor to give you specific feedback as you bring your ideas for your final Portfolio Project together.
For the detailed outline:
- In the introduction, briefly describe the public health issue and the community you will use for your Portfolio. Include the communityâ€™s history and be sure to cite supporting sources.
- Include the following sections for your selected issue:
- In the Symptoms section, describe the public health issue that you have observed in your community. What â€œsymptomsâ€ does it exhibit? Think about whom it affects, where it affects them, and how (Refer back to Module 5, CT 1).
- In the Diagnosis section, discuss the causes of the issue and give examples of other communities that have suffered the same problem. How did those communities solve or attempt to address the issue?
- In the Cure section, discuss possible options for a cure for this public health issue. How can you eradicate it or reduce its occurrence in your community?
- In the Prevention section, discuss possible options for prevention of the public health issue that you have selected. How can you reduce the chance of people being impacted by your issue in the future?
3. The detailed outline should be approximately two pages in length, in outline format not in paragraph format.