You are the nurse in charge of cardiac education. Your supervisor has informed you that there will be patients with different cardiac/vascular-related conditions arriving for a support group. Please create a slide presentation for the support group. It should include the following topics:
- Endocarditis/ Pericarditis /Myocarditis
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Anticoagulant Therapy
Please educate the patient on the following:
- Pathophysiology of the diagnosis (1 slide per diagnosis)
- Symptoms for which the healthcare provider should be called (1 slide per diagnosis)
- Medications or treatments which may be prescribed (2 slides per diagnosis)
- Side effects
- Adverse effects
- Other considerations
- Please add one slide for psychological support (1 slide per diagnosis)
- Speaker Notes for each slide 50 words
Review the rubric for assignment requirements
Length: Minimum of 17 slides, which includes title and reference slide. Each slide should follow the 6×6 rule (6 bullet points no longer than 6 words). Add any pictures, graphs, videos, etc., to enhance your presentation.
Structure: Include a title slide and reference slide in APA format.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly resources to support your claims.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!