Comparing Transnational Crime
For this assignment, you will select one transnational crime and two countries (from the six model nations in Chapter 4 of your text) in order to research the similarities and differences of the transnational crime between the two countries. Use the Internet and the Strayer Library to conduct your research.
Write a 2 page paper in which you:
- Describe the transnational crime along with an introduction to each of the countries being compared.
- Compare and contrast both countries’ definitions of the crime, crime rates, and tools used to measure the crime.
- Determine each country’s legal traditions and their major influences on crime definition, rate, and measurement.
- Examine the extent to which crime statistics compiled in different countries can adequately be compared. Provide support for the response.
- Provide at least three quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not count as quality references.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Research the similarities and differences of a transnational crime between two countries.