here have been numerous studies conducted to measure the effect in which police patrol methods have on crime prevention and intervention. One of the most well-known studies is the Kansas City Prevention Patrol Experiment.
Read the article titled “The Kansas City Preventive Patrol Experiment” located here. You may also view the article here.
Write a (2) page paper in which you:
- Summarize the main purpose and the result of Kansas City Preventive Patrol Experiment.
- Compare and contrast the fundamental similarities and differences of the police presence and random patrol as regard to the tactics of crime prevention.
- Differentiate between reactive beats and concentrated presence as they relate to adjoining proactive beats. Support your response.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources as references, such as journal articles, newspapers, magazines, and publications from law enforcement associations. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and similar websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different from other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Characterize the basic components of crime prevention.
- Compare and contrast past and current prevention trends for debate.
- Evaluate the importance of program planning, implementation, and assessment.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues related to crime prevention strategies.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to crime preventions strategies using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the assignment rubric.