Define both conceptualization and operationalization, and then conceptionalize and operationalize the variable of race. Read a report conducted by the Census Bureau on race and answer 4 questions pertaining to the report.
The essay should include the following subheadings:
- Conceptualizes race
- Operationalizes race
- Census Bureau changes
- How changes to variables affect conclusions
INSTRUCTIONS: Make sure to follow the directions in order.
- First, provide a definition of the terms: “conceptual definition” and “operational definition”.
- Next, conceptualize and operationalize the variable “race.”
- Read the Census Bureau’s report on race.
- Answer the following questions after reading the report:
- What changes did the Bureau make to the conceptualization and operationalization of race in the 2010 census?
- Why did the Bureau make these changes?
- Could the difference in operationalization produce different conclusions about race?
- Does the Bureau’s conceptualization and operationalization of race coincide with yours? If so, how? If not, what is different?