Read Chapter 6 and answer the following questions in a short answer essay format.
You may refer to any appropriate source.
1) What is procedural due process?
2) What are the Constitutional origins of procedural due process?
3) Summarize the key points of Goldberg v. Kelly, 397 U.S. 254 (1970).
4) Due process is required for deprivations of property. What is meant by “new property”. (Page 207)
5) Explain the due process implications from Cleveland Bd. of Education v. Loudermille, 470 U.S. 532 (1985) (see https://www.oyez.org/cases/1984/83-1362 (Links to an external site.) , and page 211 in the course text).
6) What is a “Loudermille hearing”? (This is not in the course text. You may reference any appropriate source).
7) Explain the due process holding in Mathews v. Eldridge, 424 319 (1976).
8) Does due process include the right to legal counsel?
9) Explain the due process right to an impartial decisionmaker.
10) Why is it important for an agency to prepare Findings & Conclusions when rendering a decision?