This assessment addresses the following course objective(s):
- Describe the application of labor laws due to court decisions.
Create a short presentation that discusses the difference between an employee and independent contractor. Your presentation should include:
- A title slide, with the name of the assignment, your name, the course coded name, and your instructor’s name
- Five slides addressing the following
- The difference between an employee and independent contractor
- The test to determine whether an individual is an independent contractor
- The types of control employers may relinquish over independent contractors if they want to maintain independent contractor status under the law
- A reference slide that lists the sources you relied on to create this presentation. You should include a minimum of two (2) scholarly sources.
Consider making your presentation appear professional, but you will not be graded on formatting.
The Workers’ Rights Clinic. (n.d.). Independent contractor or employee? How you should be classified. Retrieved from https://www.law.berkeley.edu/files/FAQ-IndepContractorsvsEmployees.pdf