- This week you will build on the Prospectus Template you submitted in the Wk 6 – Prospectus: Problem and Purpose Statements assignment. You will do this by identifying and placing in the prospectus the research question(s) and method and design you will use to address your problem and purpose, based on the feedback received from the peer reviews.
Complete the following under the corresponding Prospectus Template sections that you submitted in the Wk 6 – Prospectus: Problem and Purpose Statements assignment:
- Sections 1, 2, and 3: Incorporate all revisions from previous feedback.
- Section 6: Research Methodology (Proposed Method and Design):
- Method: Write 1 paragraph describing the research method you identified and 1 paragraph justifying why the methodology is appropriate.
- Design: Write 1 paragraph describing the research design you identified and 1 paragraph justifying why the design is appropriate.
- Section 6: Research Questions/Hypotheses: State the research question(s) and hypotheses, if applicable
Part 2 Discussion
Student Responses: Review the classmates’ posts and respond to at least one in a minimum of 150 words.?Explain why you agree or disagree. Then, share an example from your professional experience to support your assertions.
Program of Study: Doctor of Management
Problem Statement: The problem is decreased morale among employees within the auto industry. Often times, employees do not feel appreciated, the over all morale is low and they do not feel inspired.
Purpose Statement: The purpose of this study is to explore ways to retain employees at the Sterling Heights assembly plant, and to make the work place more enjoyable.
he purpose of this study is to explore ways to retain employees and to make the work place more enjoyable.
Revised Research Methodology: The proposed method and design will be qualitative as it would mainly rely on the emotional insight, responses, and case studies. The proposed method and design will be qualitative as it would mainly rely on the emotional insight, responses, and case studies (Merriam, 1998). The research method that I will be using is Action Research, specifically PAR which stands for Participative action research. This will involve me and the employees coming together to discuss as well as solve organizational issues.
- What company do you work for?
- What is your current occupation/position at work?
- What are some of the things that you dislike about your job?
- What are some things that you do like about your job?
- What are some things that the company could do to make the job more enjoyable?
- What incentives would you like to see implemented that would boost morale?
- Does your company currently have any incentives?
- What are some things that management can do to improve the work environment?
- In your opinion, how do you feel you are treated by your leadership?
- Do you think you have a good work-life balance?
- In regard to the work-life balance, why do you feel that you do or don’t have it?
- Would you like to provide any additional feedback?
Altschuld, J. W., & Kumar, D. D. (2010). Needs assessment: An overview. (Vols. 1-1). SAGE Publications, Inc., https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781452256795
Creswell, J. W., & Creswell, J. D. (2018). Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches (5th ed.). SAGE Publications.
How Some Companies Are Getting Creative To Keep Their Employees Happy. (2022).
Kane, L. (2004). Staff benefits that won’t cost a bundle: even small offices can keep employees happy and still hold down costs. Here’s how. Medical Economics, 81(5), 96.
James, E. A., & Slater T. (2014). Writing your doctoral dissertation or thesis faster: A proven map to success. SAGE Publications. https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781506374727
Mindset Expert Explains the Simple Reason Why Half the World’s Employees Are Unhappy At Work. (2018, October 2). M2 Presswire.
Sleezer, C. M., Russ-Eft, D. F., & Gupta, K. (2014). A practical guide to needs assessment. Center for Creative Leadership.
The Great Resignation: How to Keep Employees Happy and Prevent Burnout. (2021, October 1). CPA Practice Advisor.
Why Do Unhappy Employees Stay? “Job Embeddedness” Factors Can Impact the Decision. (2016, February 2). States News Service.
Edited by Amber Love on Aug 19, 2022, 12:10:30 AM