A 32-year-old Native American/Indigenous female patient is admitted to the emergency room with the following symptoms: abdominal pain and tenderness, nausea/vomiting, and chills. Her vitals are 109/52, T: 101.9 oral, P: 98 and regular, R: 26.
The patient has a history of kidney failure and has been on peritoneal dialysis for the past 6 months. She is single, lives alone, and is on Medicaid.
- List the cues that are of immediate concern
- Explain why these cues are of concern.
- What do you think is occurring with this patient (may be more than 1)?
- What priority nursing interventions would you implement?
- Discuss the appropriate members of the interdisciplinary team to include in this patientâ€™s care and why.
- Discuss any religious, cultural, or ethnic considerations.
- Explain how you would determine if these interventions were effective.