PART 1: Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review the following Week 1 and Week 2 required resources that focus on globalization, ethics, and moral reasoning. This will assist you in examining your own development of ethical and moral responsibilities as they relate to your Final Paper and its topic.
Read these articles from Week 1:
- Read these articles from Week 2:
- Classical Stoicism and the Birth of a Global Ethics: Cosmopolitan Duties in a World of Local LoyaltiesLinks to an external site.
Write: For this discussion, address the following prompts:
Explain the implications of globalization.
Identify at least two ethical issues that go along with the global societal topic you have chosen for your final essay.
- Explain how globalization contributes to or affects these ethical dilemmas.
Propose solutions to these ethical dilemmas that are feasible financially, socially, and culturally.
- Your initial post should be at least 350 words in length, which should include a thorough response to each prompt. You are required to provide in-text citations of applicable required reading materials and/or any other outside sources you use to support your claims. Provide full reference entries of all sources cited at the end of your response. Please use correct APA format when writing in-text citations.
PART 2: Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review the Week 2 required resources that focus on ethics and morals. This will assist you in examining your own development of ethical and moral responsibilities.
- Read the articles:
Responsibilities of an Educated PersonLinks to an external site. [Blog post] by jwood00
Reflect:Take a deeper look at your own life and determine which experiences have inspired ethical and moral reasoning. Were there any huge influences in this process?
- Write: For this discussion you will address the following prompts:
- Explain what it means to be ethical as it relates to personal, academic, and professional growth.
- Provide at least one ethical dilemma you have encountered, and describe how the issue was resolved.
- Describe how your general education courses have influenced your ethical values.