Assignment 3: 10 Cs for Writing Effectively Review the email to Bobby Johnson found in Chapter 5 under the heading: “Choosing a Channel” in your textbook.
- Write a three to four (3-4) page paper that answers the following:
- Identify the communication problems with the email.
- Using the 10 Cs for Writing Effectively, rewrite the email. Include: content, completeness, correctness, clarity, coherence, conciseness, connection, creativity, courtesy, and closure.
- Identify which Cs you used where and how that changed the email in terms of the effectiveness.
- Identify the strategies used for composing a more effective message.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format in a Microsoft Word document.
- Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
- In addition to the three to four (3-4) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
E-mail to rewrite
FROM: Bobby Johnson: TO: All colleagues and administrative of Joe BanyonSUBJECT: Invitation to the farewell party of Joe Banyon, and request for contribution.
Joe Banyon is retiring next month. I have been asked by some of his friends to arrange a farewell party in his honor. It will be this Friday, October 15, 2013 from 6:00pm until 9:00pm at Cary Café, located on 1601, St. Paul Street, Greenbelt, Maryland 21209. I hope that each of you can make it. We are planning to give him a certificate and a gift. I am collecting donations of $5.00 to 10.00 from anyone who would like to donate. I will receive donations up until Wednesday, October 13, 2013. Please RSVP me by email with your attendance status. You can also email me if you would like to donate to the certificate. I will stop past your cubicles or offices to pick up your donation.