- Articulate and illustrate love and sexuality as it occurs in courtship and dating
- Demonstrate how power structures occur in dating and courtship
- Apply conflict theory to the institution of family
- Apply the above to everyday life and personal life.
- Choose an article on the topic this week that was not assigned in the Ferguson readings/discussion.
- Write an analysis of a minimum of 500 words on the issues presented in the article and apply one of the family theories to the article.
- Apply at least 3 terms/concepts learned this week in your paper.
- Concepts for the week can be found at the end of the chapters in the supplemental readings in the free online Hammond, Cheney and Pearsey text.
- Please underline or bold the 3 terms and the theory in your paper.
- The topic of your paper must be on one of the readings below.
Readings to choose from:
- “We can write the scripts ourselves: Queer Challenges to Heteronormative Courtship Practices”
- “Sweetening the Deal” by Nay