I’m studying and need help with a Psychology question to help me learn.
Unit 4 Assignment: Preventing Employment Discrimination
The importance of complying with employment-related laws becomes particularly evident when reviewing discrimination cases. For this Assignment, you will research a discrimination case and identify what transpired and what the organization could have done to prevent the discrimination from occurring.
In this Assignment, you will be assessed on the following outcome:
HR400-2: Identify employment-related laws organizations must comply with when hiring.
If you have not done so already, complete this Unit 4 Learning Activity after completing the Reading and before beginning your Assignment. This will help you practice important concepts needed to be more successful in this Assignment.
Before starting this Assignment, review the Assignment Checklist below.
Go to the Library and search for an article on a recent court case that involved discrimination (age, gender, disability, or national origin) in the hiring process. In a 2–3-page expository research paper, address the following questions:
- Whatwasthetypeofdiscriminationthatwasthebasisofthecase?Provideasummaryof what happened that led to the discrimination claim.
- Whatlaworlawswereinvolved?Provideasummaryofthekeyelementsofthelaworlaws involved.
- Whatcouldtheorganizationhavedonedifferentlytopreventthecasefromoccurring? Describe specific steps the organization could have taken to prevent discrimination from occurring in the hiring process.
- ● This Assignment should be a 2–3-page Word document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- ● It must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- ● Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples where asked.
- ● Your paper should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- ● Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- ● A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in APA 6th edition format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
Page 1 of 2
Unit 4 [HR400]
- ● Be sure to cite where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA 6th edition format. Review the APA formats found in the Writing Center.
- ● Review the grading rubric below to ensure all points have been captured in the paper. Directions for Submitting Your AssignmentBe sure to respond to all the questions using the critical elements listed in the Assignment Checklist. Submit your Assignment in a separate Word document by the end of the unit to the Unit 4 Assignment Dropbox. Make sure to save a copy of your work and be sure to confirm that your file uploaded correctly.