Before you create and submit your assessment, complete the following:
- Review the results of your STAR assessment and look for credible, professional resources on leadership and managing stressful situations.
- Complete one of the emotional intelligence (EI) assessments (linked in the Resources) and find credible, professional resources on EI in business.
Read the requirements carefully and be sure you complete each section.
- Section One â€“ Emotional Intelligence and Leadership: Explain how EI concepts improve leadership skills. How does understanding and managing emotions make a more effective leader?
- Section Two â€“ Personal Leadership Assessment: Conduct a personal leadership situational assessment using the critical moment dialogue approach.
- Describe a chaotic or stressful situation you experienced (in just a few sentences) and the specific actions you took in the situation.
- Describe ways you could have better managed your reaction to the situation, using the leadership resources you located.
- Explain how this new insight might influence your personal leadership development.
- Section Three â€“ Personal Leadership Brand Statement: Based on the results of your STAR assessment, personal leadership situational assessment, and EI assessment, propose a personal leadership brand or style that is authentic, reflects your personality and strengths, and capitalizes on your EI.
- Condense your personal leadership brand into two words that best describe your style. You can test your proposed leadership brand by asking colleagues for feedback. Include a so that statement for your brand that demonstrates how your leadership style adds value to your organization.
- Example: “My leadership brand is collaborative accountability so that I can facilitate effective teamwork towards meeting the organization’s goal to deliver X clinical and Y financial outcomes.”
- Section Four â€“ Personal Leadership Model: Analyze how you can combine your leadership strengths, emotional intelligence, and personal leadership brand into a leadership model that aligns with organizational culture and strategic goals and can guide organizational success. Be sure your analysis includes evidence and support from the resources you located. Specifically, address the following:
- Leadership strategies to guide highly effective teams.
- How your leadership approach might be influenced by financial forecasts.
- How your leadership approach reflects the mission and values of the organization, as well as professional and personal ethics.
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page.
- Length: No required minimum length. Be substantive, thorough, and concise.
- References: At least five current credible professional resources.
- Format: APA format for references and citations only.
- Font: Times New Roman font, 12 point, double-spaced.