Refer to the Vila Health: Value and Evidence-Based Recommendations and Vila Health: Analysis of an EHR System media simulations that you have been using throughout this course. The intended audience for this analysis will be of the stakeholder groups presented in the media simulation.
You have been asked to complete a stakeholder analysis as it relates to informing stakeholders about the process for how you came to your recommendations you previously made regarding the EHR or HIM system at Independence Medical Center. Another aspect of the analysis is to summarize the impact of your recommendations on stakeholder groups and strategies for overcoming barriers related to implementing your recommendations.
Before you begin your analysis, you should consider or complete the following:
Review the Vila Health scenarios paying close attention to the various stakeholders, their needs, and the challenges they face.
Review the Stakeholder Matrix Template. You will be completing this as a part of your assessment. So, make sure you understand the types of information you will need to input.
- Research best practices for collaborating with stakeholders to create buy-in and overcome barriers or resistance to implementing new processes or tools in health care settings.
- Research training strategies.
- Research best practices for resource allocation with regards to health information technology.
- Research best practices for designing and implementing workflow changes.
- For this assessment, you will analyze the stakeholders that Vila Health Independence Medical Center must recognize as it adjusts to, changes, upgrades and implements your recommendations to the EHR or HIM systems. You will want to refer to the recommendations you made in the first assessment as well as any feedback that you have received from your instructor.
For this deliverable, you will write a 3â€“5-page executive summary detailing your previous recommendations and how you timeline for them. Additionally, you will analyze how your recommendations impact considerations such as resource allocation, training, and workflow changes, as well as best practices for overcoming implementation barriers. Finally, you will complete the Stakeholder Matrix Template, and align critical success factors with the primary internal and external stakeholders. Include a value statement for each stakeholder (A value statement meets the needs and values of each key decision maker. See example in the Stakeholder Matrix Template.)
For this assessment, you will be evaluated on the following criteria:
Describe the relevant stakeholders related to an impact analysis.
Explain the process used to arrive at recommendations related to a health information management system.
Describe a timeline for implementing recommendations related to a health information management system.
- Analyze the impact of recommendations on relevant stakeholders and an organization with relation to considerations such as patient outcomes, new training, resource allocation, and workflow changes.
- Analyze best practices to overcome barriers in creating buy-in from stakeholders and implementation related to recommendations.
- Develop value statements for relevant stakeholder groups related to critical success factors and recommendations related to a health information management system.
- This criterion relates to the Stakeholder Matrix Template.
- Communicate analysis of stakeholders and value of recommendations in a manner that is clear and concise.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
- Your analysis should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to the current APA style and formatting standards.
Number of resources: 3â€“5 peer-reviewed resources from scholarly journal articles.
Length: 3â€“5 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding the title page and reference page. You do not need to write an abstract for this assessment. Include the Stakeholder Matrix Template as an Appendix.
Appendix: Include stakeholder chart and value statements as an appendix to your analysis.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.