This assignment fulfills/supports
- Module Outcome: You will have discuss how prejudice, stereotypes, and racism help to perpetuate disadvantage for less powerful groups.
- Course Outcome: You will identify and describe key social problems and proposed solutions.
- Education Competency: You will demonstrate socialization skills that support cultural awareness and a global perspective.
Watch/browse a newscast and write a report containing the following:
- Name, date, and time of newscast.
- The top five stories of the day
- A 3-5 sentence paragraph summarizing a story of interest shown during the newscast.
- Share 3-5 sentences of your personal reaction to the story.
- Apply five key concepts covered in the chapters of the module discussed during the story. Include a definition of each concept and provide a quote from the newscast to illustrate the concept. See the course outline for the due date for each analysis. This assignment should also contain at least 5 concepts from chapters: 10, 11, 15 or 16. Please review sample guideline in the “News Analysis Sample Link” located in Black Board.
You analysis should be no more than two pages.
- Put your name, course and section number, and assignment title at the top of the document.
- Use one-inch margins.
- Use a 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Use double line spacing in the document.
The overall score noted in a SafeAssign originality report is an indicator of the percentage of the submitted paper matching existing sources. This score is a warning indicator only and papers should be reviewed to see if the matches are properly attributed.
- Scores below 15 percent: These papers typical include some quotes and few common phrases or blocks of text that match other documents. These papers typically do not require further analysis, as there is no evidence of plagiarism in these papers.
- Scores between 15 percent and 40 percent: These papers include extensive quoted or paraphrased material or they may include plagiarism. These papers should be reviewed to determine if the matching content is properly attributed.
- Scores over 40 percent: There is a very high probability that text in this paper was copied from other sources. These papers likely include quoted or paraphrased text in excess and should be reviewed for plagiarism.