Conduct an internet search of sample Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) Report templates and compare to see if they contain the following elements:
- Identifying Information (name, age, school/agency, date of report)
- Reason for Referral
- Assessment procedures
- Description of assessment procedures
- Assessment results
- Identification of interfering behaviors
- Description of interfering behaviors
- Current level of occurrence of interfering behaviors
- Identification of Antecedent variables (SD, UMO, CMO)
- Identification of individual variables
- Identification of consequence variables
- Parameters of Reinforcement
- Hypothesized function of interfering behaviors
- Examples that illustrate how antecedent, individual and consequence variables influence the occurrence of interfering behaviors.
- Function-based interventions with empirical support
After your search, summarize your findings regarding what information was/was not included in the templates you found in your internet search.
Peer Responses: Choose one (1) specific component discussed in your classmate’s primary post that is necessary in a FBA Report and discuss why its inclusion is relevant to the development of the FBA Report. Discuss a different component for each response post. Be sure to identify the specific section of the FBA Report that is impacted by this component and how it will eventually be related to the development of a behavior plan.
Reading and Resources
Read Chapter 13 in Conducting School-Based Functional Behavioral Assessments: A Practitioner’s Guide: “Sample FBA Reports”
This chapter will provide several examples of Functional Behavior Assessment reports.
Steege, M.W., Pratt, J.L., Wickerd, G., Guare, R., & Watson, T.S. (2019). Conducting School-Based Functional Behavioral Assessments: A Practitioner’s Guide. 3rd Edition.