Basic Windshield Survey – Urban
You will enter Sentinel City® via the link below to begin your virtual experience taking a tour of Sentinel City® by bus. Since this is your first tour, please select the slowest speed and stay on the bus for the entire tour at least once before getting off to explore.
As you take the tour, write down your observations, specifically those that align with the demographics and/or subsystems listed below:
- Describe the characteristics of the people you see in Sentinel City®.
- What are the race/ethnicity distribution, age ranges, and gender mix?
- Are there signs of poverty or wealth? What are they?
- Who do you see on the streets?
- Parent with child, teens, couples, disabled persons?
- Are there homeless persons, beggars, etc.?
- Is there anyone in the city you would not expect to see?
- Are there dogs on or off the leash? Are there other animals?
- Are there churches and what are their denominations?
Compile your observations addressing each item listed in the first column of the rubric. You are encouraged to add other relevant characteristics you observe that may not be listed in the first column.
Select a target population of interest and discuss relevant demographic data and health status indicators for this population group. Identify major health concerns for this target population. Include discussion of major health concerns in relation to a global health issue.
Examples of work to show mastery:
- 2-4 page paper – APA format