Select two threats. Listed below are eight issues that the UN feels pose the most significant threats to global security. Some of these apply to the Earth’s 7.7 billion people, while others are limited primarily to developing countries. Regardless of where these threats are concentrated, your job as a consultant is to identify two of them that you consider the most critical to the globe’s population.
The use of fossil fuels as an energy source.
Insufficient educational opportunities in developing countries.
- A lack of access to technology.
- Civil war (NOT the U.S. Civil War).
- The rise in oceans’ levels.
- Covid-19 and the global pandemic.
- The dangers of poor countries remaining poor.
- Step 2
- Write a minimum of an 8 page persuasive paper about your two threats.
- Write an introduction paragraph of at least one-half page in length identifying the two threats you have selected and the purpose of the paper. Then, for the two threats you chose:
Identify the factors that make it such a serious risk to the global environment that you would choose to present it to the UN.
Analyze the role that humans have played in aggravating this threat to the Earth’s environment.
Suggest initiatives that the global community can take to mitigate the worst effects of this environmental threat.
Write a conclusion paragraph of at least one-half page in length that summarizes your impressions of these risks for global stability.