MY TOPIC IS RACIAL DISPARTIY IN HEALTHCARE
address the following:
Issue Statement: Create a 1-paragraph issue statement that hooks your audience and concisely communicates the imperative to address your selected social problem. Include the following:
In 1 paragraph, define your social problem and the population impacted by it.
In 1–2 paragraphs, explain your critical reasons for why the public and decision makers, as well as social workers, need to advocate for change.
- In 1–2 paragraphs, describe what happens in communities if your goal to alleviate the problem is realized.
Policy Review: Summarize your selected policy, its relationships to the social problem, and the expected results. Then address the following:
Is your selected policy dictated by local or state statute—or a combination thereof?
- How does the policy address your issue statement? Or what is missing?
- What are the different sections, or components, of the policy?
- How long has the current policy been in place?
- Who supports and who opposes the policy?
What changes, or amendments, have been made to the policy?
Explain how this policy affects clients you might see in a clinical setting and why, as a clinical social worker, it would be important to advocate for change.
- References to use and cite:
- Jansson, B. S. (2018).?Becoming an effective policy advocate: From policy practice to social justice (8th ed.). Cengage Learning.
- Rome, S., Harris, S., & Hoechstetter, S. (2010). Social work and civic engagement: The political participation of professional social workers Links to an external site.. Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare, 37(3), 107–129.
- Council on Social Work Education. (2018). Specialized practice curricular guide for macro social work practice Links to an external site.. https://www.cswe.org/getattachment/553d03b4-c1f5-4…