1. What were my first impressions and personal responses of the reading?
2.What are the strengths and weaknesses of the essay/article/chapter?
3. What are the major points or themes of the essay/article/chapter?
4.What are some significant passages that support the main themes of the essay/article/chapter?
5.If I chose an aspect of this text to further research or Google, what would it be, and why?
6.How does the reading relate to my own ethnicity, class, and gender experiences?
7. In what ways can I link the reading to the contemporary world? To another reading?
8. What interesting fact or significant idea from this text would I choose to share with a relative or friend?
9.Do I like the material? Why or why not?
10. What don’t I understand? What questions do I have?