Theories of Counseling – Existential Therapy
Existential Therapy Role-Play – Near Death Experience
Step 3: After completing steps 1 and 2, and completing all of your module work and readings, please answer the following questions as ONE (1) page written paper. This 1-page limit excludes the cover and reference pages. (In other words, the cover and reference pages will not count toward the maximum page count limit for this assignment. You will not lose points for including a cover page and a references pages. You do not need an abstract for this assignment.)
1. How would you explain the main focus of Existential Theory and Therapy?
2. What techniques/concepts from Existential Theory is Dr. Degrande using in the video?
- The paper should be one (1) page in length, not including the cover / reference pages.
- In other words, the cover and reference pages will not count toward the maximum page count limit for this assignment. You will not lose points for including a cover page and a references pages. Students will lose 5 points for longer papers.
- Students should format their title page, paper content, and reference page(s) according to the APA Publication Manual, Seventh Edition.
- Students should use the student paper format, including a cover page. For more information: refer to Chapter 2 of APA Publication Manual, Seventh Edition, the APA Style Paper Format resource (Links to an external site.), and the APA Student Title Page Guide (Links to an external site.).
- Student papers do not include a running head. For more information: refer to page 30 of the APA Publication Manual, Seventh Edition, and this APA Style Header resource (Links to an external site.).
- This paper should NOT include an abstract, table of contents, or appendix.
- The paper should be double spaced and include 1″ margins throughout.
- There should be no extra double spaces between paragraphs. Here is a video illustrating how to remove extra spaces between paragraphs (note: this video was uploaded in October 2016 and it shows a running head; a running head is not needed unless specifically requested by your instructor.).
Font Type and Size:
- A variety of font choices are permitted in APA Style. Use the same font throughout the text of the paper. Options include:
- Sans serif font: 11-point Calibri, 11-point Arial, 10-point Lucida San Unicode
- Serif font: 12-point Times New Roman, 11-point Georgia, normal (10-point) Computer Modern
- For more information: refer to page 44 of the of APA Publication Manual, Seventh Edition, and this APA Style Font resource (Links to an external site.).
- Ensure the font type and font size of your page numbers are consistent with the rest of your paper.
In-Text Citations and References:
- In-text citations and sources used (reference page) should be formatted according to APA style.
- If APA citations are missing from your assignment, this omission will be deducted from the grade you earn. Part of graduate-level writing includes using *and* referencing textbooks, journals, handouts, videos, etc. in your written work, and formatting these references according to APA guidelines.