This paper will consist of 10 to 15 page, paper on the ethical stand of a particular religion on an issue (abortion, euthanasia, ecology, etc.
The paper should be double-spaced with a 12-point sized type and should have a footnotes/reference page and a bibliography page. If the paper is written in APA style, a works-cited page is all that is necessary for citing references. Sources should also be cited in the text!
All papers will be electronically send to a research paper dropbox. St. Petersburg College is using the Turnitin.com plagiarism prevention software. Turnitin.com is a web-based system designed to deter plagiarism, hold students accountable, determine the congruence of text to sources, and enhance teaching and student learning.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of the major religions of the world.
- The student will understand the relationship between culture and religious expressions of basic human aspirations.
- The student will evaluate the function of religion in contributing to social unity and integrity.
- The student will analyze the basic concepts of religious theory.
- The student will understand the difference between religious experience and religious dogma.
- The student will demonstrate increased ability in writing.