Read Case 10, â€œLazier Industries,â€ in Understanding Business Strategy, pg. C-121 thru C-125.
As CEO of Lazier Industries, you have thought long and hard about how to address the companyâ€™s issues with its leadership team. To gain clarity and formulate a plan for moving forward, you have decided to document your strategic thought process.
Your assessment of the situation takes into account the following considerations:
1. Strategic Leadership â€“ What are your expectations from Lazierâ€™s strategic leaders?
2. Human Resources â€“ What are the specific human resource issues that require immediate resolution?
3. Culture of Innovation â€“ How can your human resource management decisions impact the entrepreneurial culture of the company?
4. Managerial Labor Market â€“ Weigh the pros and cons of filling key roles from outside of the organization and compare to the benefits of promoting from within.
5. Time for Action â€“ Outline a specific plan to resolve your pressing management issues and move the company forward.