You will write a letter using professional business format to one of your Federal legislators outlining what the issue is and why it is important. The letter will address:
- The current policy structure.
- The need for the change.
- The suggested change.
- Cost implications if the change is implemented.
- The role the nurse as a change agent will take at the policy table.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA formatting and citation style.
Submitting your work
You will submit your Assignment to the appropriate Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit. Make sure to save a copy of the Assignment you submit.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.