Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 27
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, consider three (3) of the following events:
- Treaty of Versailles
- Rise of fascism, militarism and imperialism
- Failure of the League of Nations
- Hitler and the Nazi Party
- The Lend Lease Act
- Japanese expansion and the bombing of Pearl Harbor
Then, address the following and craft a response as a whole for your selections:
- Assess if the United States foreign policy during the 1930s helped to promote World War II. Could the United States have prevented the outbreak of World War II? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Explain if the United States, despite neutrality, aided the Allies against the Axis powers.
- Analyze if the use of atomic (nuclear) weapons to defeat enemies in war is a setback for democracy (President Truman’s decision to drop the atom bomb