Chapter 14 Questions
PLEASE USE USA ENGLISH AND SENTENCES NEED TO. MAKE SINCE AND BE GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT!
Book: BCOM10: Business Communication, Lehman+Dufrene.
YOU MUST HAVE ACCESS TO THE BOOK!
Refer to your textbook for answers, unless the question specifically asks for your own experience or interpretation. Using professional sentence structure and grammar, answer the following questions in a detailed paragraph (more than three sentences). Be sure to answer all parts of each question. (Each question is worth 5 points – 3 points for correctness of the answer and 2 points for professional and grammatically correct writing.
1. Write a brief statement (5-7 sentences) that describes your unique value to an employer. Include information about your educational experiences, work experience, involvement in student organizations, and other pertinent information.
2. What nonverbal messages can an interviewee convey to favorably impress an interviewer? What negative nonverbal messages can be conveyed?
3. How do responses to standard and behavioral interview questions differ?
4. What is a good strategy to use when you are asked about your major weakness? Provide a specific example you might use?
5. Discuss three ways an interviewee can handle an illegal interview question. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
6. How do the thank-you and the follow-up letter differ? What should each contain?
7. What guidelines should be followed in requesting a recommendation letter?
8. Which would be written deductively and which should be written inductively and why: an acceptance letter or a resignation letter?
9. How can a job applicant maximize the likelihood of accepting the “right” job?
10. Explain why communication skills are the universal job requirement.