Windshield Survey of Your Neighborhood Tempe, Arizona
Windshield Survey of Your Neighborhood
One way to understand your community is through a tool called “windshield surveys”. A Windshield Survey is simply a method for observing a neighborhood/community. It allows the observer to gain insight and understanding of a community and its people. Utilize the Windshield/Walking Survey to complete this assignment. The following elements are included in a typical windshield survey:
- Housing and zoning
- Open space
- Social service centers
- Street people and animals
- Condition of the area
- Race and ethnicity
- Health indicators
- Business & industry
Write a 1200-1700-word essay exploring your own neighborhood (look within your zip code). Consider the list above when writing your assessment.
- What did you learn about your neighborhood?
- Did any of your findings surprise you?
- Based on the components of the windshield survey elements, how would you describe your neighborhood?
- Think about improvements to your community. Discuss how housing and zoning could be improved.
- What would the impact of more open spaces mean for the community?
- How could transportation in your area be improved?
- Describe the services available and how to improve for all populations?
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again before submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Length: 1200 â€“ 1700-word essay: title and reference page do not count towards the minimum word count.
Structure: While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, academic writing is expected. Include a title page and reference page in APA style.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!