Breast Cancer Case Study
Your 53-year-old Hispanic female patient, V.M., is diagnosed with ER+ stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast. Her doctor has just left the room, sharing the news with her. You enter the room and find her crying. She has a few questions for you:
- Why did I get this? What causes breast cancer?
- Is it genetic? Is this because my grandmother has breast cancer?
- The doctor said they did a sentinel node biopsy. What is that and why did they do that?
- Is my brother going to get it? Do boys get it?
- What do you think my treatment is going to be?
For you to answer:
- What are the clinical manifestations (cues) of breast cancer?
- Describe lymphedema, why patients get the condition and nursing implications.
- What is the incidence of breast cancer, including cultural considerations?
- How will we evaluate your patient to see how she is going?
Length: 1000 â€“ 1250 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer
the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).