Elaborate on the implications of a Health Services Department moving from a cost center to a profit center. Information discussed must include:
- The difference between a cost and a profit center.
- Decentralization versus centralization within the health service business.
- How the health service department can stick to its historic mission of serving those without insurance and/or those that are historically underserved.
- The implications of having public health professionals that are not permitted to bill or have reimbursable codes.
- Harrington, M. K. (2024). Health Care Finance and the mechanics of Insurance and Reimbursement. Jones & Bartlett Learning.