You have been asked to give a presentation to a group of nursing students regarding obesity. The objectives are as follows:
- Educate on the risks associated with obesity (at least 10 total from different systems in Figure 40:5) (5-6 slides)
- Discuss the statistics on obesity, giving special attention to racial differences. (1-2 slides)
- Discuss bias and stigma and their effects on the individual. (1-2 slides)
- Describe bariatric surgery qualifying criteria, both physically and psychologically (1-2 slides)
- Educate on two weight-loss medications (1-2 slides)
- Discuss good things that come from bariatric surgery (1 slide)
- Describe 3 types of surgeries and what is unique about them (3-4 slides)
- Discuss dumping syndrome (1 slide)
Review the rubric for assignment requirements
Length: Minimum of 16 slides, which includes title, and reference slide. Each slide should follow the 6×6 rule (6 bullet points no longer than 6 words). Add any pictures, graphs, videos, etc. to enhance your presentation.
Structure: Include a title slide and reference slide in APA format.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly resources to support your claims.