The Motivation Case Study:
Must be 2 single spaced pages
- Identify a company that struggles with employee motivation. Make your choice based on evidence from resources you find. Be sure to document these resources so you can include as citations and references in your paper. The company may be currently active or no longer operating.
- Not sure how to start? Try googling “Worst companies to work for” or “companies with poor motivation.” Numerous sites list companies that are struggling in differing areas. Once you identify the company you want to research, google news articles or other sites that include information about the company and the situations affecting motivation/challenges.
- Research the company and the associated motivational challenges.
- As you research, consider this week’s activity about bias to try and rule out commentary that may not be credible. Seek professional sites, rather than just opinions. Check out the What is CRAAP? A Guide To Evaluating Web Sources and this Four Moves & a Habit: A Guide for Web Literacy and Fact Checking resources for support.
- Include a short summary about the company.
- Note that enough information should be included to inform the reader (your instructor) about the company and the noted challenges/issues.
- Identify three to five motivational challenges within the company that you discovered through your research. Support this information with citations for the sources that provided you the information about the organization.
- Discuss potential rationales for why the company is experiencing these issues. Support your assertions with credible sources.
- Identify at least three content theories and/or process theories of motivation, discussed in this week’s text chapters that could be applicable to determining strategies/solutions. (You are to identify the theories that you think could be applied to improve the organization’s situation.) Consider using headings in your paper to organize this information.
- Note that extrinsic and intrinsic motivation are types of motivation and should not be presented as theories, but as variables within a theory.
- Discuss Possible Solutions/Changes Needed
- Identify at least two strategies that could be applied to improve motivation, based on your reading and research.