Have you tried nonlinear presentation tools such as Prezi? What do you consider the strengths and weaknesses of this approach? How did your audience respond? (75 words)
What steps have you taken in presentation or public speaking situations to boost your confidence and reduce your anxiety level? Have you been able to convert anxiety into positive energy? Have you ever had a full-on disaster with a presentation or speech? If so, how did you recover? (75 words)
How might employers and applicants view the recruiting process in different ways? Why is it important to think like an employer when you are applying for jobs? (100 words)
How should you handle the conflicting advice you can read about résumés from various online and print sources? (100 words)
C) How do these political debates over language compare with those of bilingual education in the United States? With the promotion of multiple languages in Europe? (100 words)
D) Southeast Asian states reflect tremendous linguistic diversity. However, this diversity, and especially the teaching of English, has stirred considerable debate in many countries of the region. How do these political debates over language compare with those of bilingual education in the United States? With the promotion of multiple languages in Europe? (200 words)
E) (300 words)
1. Why are river deltas so important in the settlement pattern of Southeast Asia?
2. Explain how and why the monsoon climates of Southeast Asia differ between mainland and islands.
3. What do we mean when we refer to the ‘globalization of world forestry’?
4. Explain why smoke and air pollution are so pronounced in Southeast Asia.
5. Compare and contrast the three major types of agriculture in the region—swidden, plantation, and rice cultivation.
6. How might ‘transmigration’ solve and also aggravate a country’s population problems?
7. What major religions are found in Southeast Asia? Describe the historical and contemporary patterns for each religion.
8. Why is there ambivalence about the English language in some Southeast Asian countries?
9. What are the ethnic tensions facing Indonesia? Locate the different problem areas on a map.
10. What are the goals of ASEAN, and how have those goals changed in the last several decades?