Read Chapter 13, 14 and 15 from this textbook Title: FT. Newton
Authors: RICHARD. NEWTON
Publisher: Financial Times/Prentice Hall
Publication Date: 2019-07-25
Discussion post question 1:
In Chapter 14 of our text, the author discusses 22 consulting tips. After reading the chapter and reviewing the tips, choose the five (5) tips that you found the most interesting and applicable to you. Rank order the tips from 1 (most important) to 5 (least important).
For each of the 5 you chose, answer the following:
- Why did you choose this tip and rank it the way you did?
- If you were working as a consultant how would you implement each of these tips to improve your work?
- At the end of the chapter, the Author asks you to share any other tips you come up with. List one tip that is not one of the 22 listed or included by your classmates posts and explain why you think it is important.
Discussion post question 2:
In the last few chapters of the text, the higher-level competencies of successful consultants were explained along with the importance of locating and developing productive long-term relationships with clients. Sometimes, this will mean turning down a lucrative consulting opportunity. For this discussion, explain:
- What are some reasons why you personally might say no to a consulting opportunity?
- How would you turn down an opportunity and still keep the door open for business with this client in the future?
- Review the client tips for buying consultancy in chapter 15. Which of these client tips do you think are most important for a successful client-consultant relationship? Why?
Please each discussion post needs to be in a document.